Join The Cause
HIGH-PERFORMING TEACHERS ARE THE FOUNDATION OF STEM PREP.
We're dedicated to seeking out only the best teachers; teachers who support and inspire, guide and nurture; teachers who empower our students to learn, to lead, and to look toward a future that is bright.
REASONS TO JOIN THE STEM PREP FAMILY
A VIBRANT CITY
Live and work in Nashville, a vibrant city with great music, food, and culture.
Join a professional family who believes in your sustained growth as an educator.
See your hard work pay off with high student achievement and profound and impactful relationships.
Work for a professional family who compensates its teachers with a salary that exceeds that of Metro Nashville Public Schools and who acknowledges and rewards the hard work and dedication of its teachers.
THE TOP 3 REASONS YOU CHOOSE US
We see opportunity where others see impossibility.
STEM fields are the future.
- Since inception, our middle and high school students have outperformed the district and state every year in Reading and Math
- On average, the number of our students performing on or above grade level in both English/Language Arts and Math is more than double that of zoned schools
- Our newest arrivals have been ranked in the top 1% nationally for growth in Reading and Math on the NWEA MAP assessment
- Nashville Newcomer Academy students made 15x the expected growth in Reading, and 11x the expected growth in Math
- Last year, our founding class earned over $3 million in scholarships
- Every single one of our undocumented students secured funding and college access
You commit to investing deeply in our kids. We commit to investing deeply in you.
Weekly professional development and personalized leadership development.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
- On average, our teacher’s salaries are 10% higher than traditional district and choice sector teachers
- Stipend eligibility for early decision, competitive roles and/or graduate school
- $1,000 referral bonus for every teacher and leader candidate we hire
- Licensure support
- Unlimited classroom supplies
- $2,500 commitment bonus upon completion of year 4, $5,000 at year 8 and every four years subsequently
Investment into personal wellbeing and work-life balance.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Private nursing room for new moms.
- Child care supplement for PD days
- Retirement counseling
- Health center access
- Mental health counseling
They want growth. We want impact.
Our growth plan isn’t oriented towards meeting a financial goal or reaching a specific size.
We run through the wall to develop deep and lasting community partnerships that will transform the lives of our kids and families for generations to come.
We are whole-heartedly committed to deepening our impact and advancing the outcomes and education for all students and families in the neighborhoods we serve.
Teachers at STEM Preparatory Academy work directly with our students, planning, evaluating, and enacting highly effective instruction tailored to their needs. By building and sustaining a culture of excellence and achievement, a teacher’s work serves to influence the mindsets, learning patterns, and ultimately, the lives of our students, their families, and the Greater Nashville community.
Joining the leadership team at STEM Prep provides an opportunity to think big. Our leadership team is committed to providing support for our teachers and enacting schoolwide decisions that strengthen and advance the STEM Prep mission.
Our School Operations team is devoted to efficiency; their commitment to school logistics is what makes STEM Prep a safe and secure environment, where learning and growth can flourish without interruption.
Our Central Office team serves as the first point of contact for our students and families. Through strong organization skills and an ability to connect with our community, they ensure a robust line of communication for all members of the STEM Prep family.